George Washington University School of Medicine, Clinical Professor in Neurology
Hospital Affiliations: The George Washington University Hospital, The Specialty Hospital of Washington
What to expect:
Visitors will work with a neurologist based in Washington, DC. Through this experience, visitors will be able to learn about the diagnosis and treatment of complex neurological diseases.
In the clinic, visitors will also be able to observe common diagnostic procedures such as EEG, NURF, muscle responsivity testing, treatments for migraine headaches. Additionally, visitors will be able to observe the collection of patient history and physical examinations.
In addition to the clinic hours, the physician will do consults at the hospital on Monday and Thursday starting at 5:00 PM. The physician holds lectures at George Washington University School of Medicine every Thursday at 8:00 AM. The physician will also hold occasional clinic hours on Saturdays.
- 6 Panel Drug Screen and Background Check required. If the drug screen has been taken outside of the U.S. it must be within 30 days of program start. If taken in the U.S. ask for a referral. The background check fee is $99.
- $100 non-refundable administration fee included in the deposit. Per program request, AMO's contractual refund policy shall apply subject to a $100 dollar reduction in the amount refunded if applicable.
- Research and publishing opportunities may be available
- Common languages spoken: English, Spanish, Hungarian
- The physician offers housing near the office and public transportation. Please inquire about availability.
- Visitors should wear nice casual slacks with a business shirt and lab coat. Women may wear professional-looking skirts or dresses or slacks; men may wear a tie. Neat comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Attendance is important so please confirm absences with the administrator; if you are sick please call and let the administrator know. Two absences are permitted during a four-week rotation.
- As medical professionals, a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness is important. Remember to wash hands before entering and when leaving a patient’s room.
|Monday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm|
*Schedule may vary, please consult with the physician upon arrival for any updates.
Neurology Services Inc.
Neurology Services, Inc.
BridgePoint Hospital Capitol Hill
A great experience, great mentor, wide exposure, friendly working environment and strong recommendation letter.
The rotation was great, as a student I got the oppourtionity to take all the responsibilty on patients and write the whole note, it was a great Round. the only thing that I wish that AMO should discuss location of offices better before getting there in order to get better housing.
One of the best experiences I had, everything was great except that if I knew that the professor had clinics in Virginia in addition to D.C. Clinic prior so I can arrange better housing.
A great clinical experience full of knowledge that will transcend in my professional and personal life.