Opportunity to rotate at the #1 Ranked hospital in the Washington, D.C. region by U.S. News and World Report. This is a hospital-based clinical rotation with the internal medicine department at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. During this rotation you will be interacting with other Georgetown University medical students. Due to this highly competitive environment, letters of recommendation will only be given to those who exceed expectations and demonstrate skills and professionalism above their peers.
The hospital has complicated complex patients with a variety of diseases. Visitors will learn the initial workup of these patients as well as day-to-day management of patients. They will be exposed to didactic sessions provided for Georgetown medical students and internal medicine residents. Visitors can expect to see approximately 15–20 patients per day.
No procedures will be performed. This is an observership only with no direct patient care.
This program is best suited for medical graduates.
- An updated CV, copy of diploma, and two (2) written professional or technical references required upon application.
- Hospital paperwork must be submitted a minimum of 45 days prior to the start of the rotation for processing. Failure to do so may result in lost days.
- Background check is required for an additional $100 fee.
- Nine (9) Panel Non-DOT drug test required. Additional fees may apply.
- Visitors should be dressed professionally and have a short white coat upon arrival.
|Monday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm|
*Schedule may vary, please consult with the physician upon arrival for any updates.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital